Wednesday, August 16, 2006

%@$%@#%**

Really tired of the heat. The Mister got to shave his head. Actually, I shaved it--first we did a mohawk and took a picture for a friend, then we finished. He is much more comfortable. I, on the other hand, am not. He's planning on keeping it shaved until it cools off. When he ran this by me (I think wives are supposed to freak out about this kind of thing? maybe?) my reply was "Who am I to complain? I'm four drinks away from a shaved head myself."

It's damn hot.

We did an awesome job on our electric bill last month, using the same amount of electricity as we did in November. Today I looked at fall knitting stuff online, to remind myself that someday it will be cooler, and I'd rather spend my money on yarn, glorious yarn.

Fall is my favorite season. All these years on an academic calendar, and September is what feels like a New Year to me. The possibility of meeting cool new people, learning new subjects, setting new routines. I love beginnings (just look at my shameful unfinished projects down there). Tonight as I left lab there was a touch of cool in the air--probably just a mini cool-front--but it reminded me of fall.

Now I'm a knitter, it also means new projects, gorgeous new yarns, new magazines and patterns to mull over, and being cool enough work on and wear wool again.

I'm trying to dwell on the positive parts of it being halfway through August, because I'm extremely frustrated about some other things right now, and I'm really trying hard not to get bogged down in the negative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home