Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Knitting-related injury

I was just about to start working on my actual work. I nearly done checking all my daily knitting web sites. First, the new Knitty is out. Then I had to read the The Panopticon and the Yarn Harlot. Then I got over to Knit and Tonic, and that is when my injury occured.
I was so excited that the Sizzle pattern is out that, while bugging N to paypal it for me RIGHT NOW (Now We Are Six is a good summary of my usual mental state), answering allegations of being evil (which had to do with my "spend money so I can make this cleavage-baring top" strategy), and trying to peer over his shoulder at the yarn requirements while wondering if my SWC Bamboo would work, I inhaled/snorted my beverage.
No, it wasn't a Tasty Beverage either.
Though it was a good guess.
For the last half hour, I've been coughing up Crystal Light. Plus, it got into my sinuses, which, due to allergies, are shall-we-say-congested (I call it f***ed up). Add some liquid in there and I've got serious faux-orange flavored post-nasal drip.

Now, to the project update. It's um . . . okay, well, the thing is . . . my good intentions lasted as long as the weather stayed around 85. Speaking of, now I have a nifty weather pixie so P&P can look at the 95 degree weather and feel sorry for me.
ANYWAY, N and I have decided, what with energy costs and rent increases, to try not to use the AC this summer. I know, it's psychotic. We do get a good cross breeze up here, at least in the computer room, and I'm working mostly at night anyway.
The point is that I can't handle a lapful of wool when it's 95, and 3 of the projects on my list--the red cardigan, the Mariah sweater, and N's sweater, are all at the lapful stage. So, I decided a shift over to socks and a start on the cover sweater from Summer IK was in order.
N's wildfoote socks are just about done--I invented (well, I know other people have done it but I haven't seen it so it's Convergent Knitting) an anatomically correct toe shaping for our short-toed feet, so we don't get the bag of empty sock above the little toes (I could call them "phalanges," but then I'd have to beat myself up).
Of course I also broke out the Bearfoot. I'm doing a little pattern based on one of the mock cables from the Walker Stitch Treasury, and it's coming out really nice. I love hand-dyed sock yarn, and part of the fun is finding just the right stitch pattern for the yarn.
Pictures later this week, when it will hopefully be cool enough to put socks on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home