Monday, June 19, 2006

Some More Honesty (with photos)

1. I did go to Knitorious and get buttons. I was predictably weak, and also got this pretty Gems Pearl sock yarn. I was there in the absolute downpour on Sunday, and my yarn got a little damp (despite clutching the bag to my chest). Luckily the sweater didn't run onto the new sock yarn, but it did all smell a bit like damp wool. Therefore I had the damp sock yarn sitting out all night--and displayed fortitude and sticktoittiveness and did not swatch it. Very happy with the buttons. Now to learn buttonholes.

2. I should finish these socks pretty soon. I posed with them, because they are so comfortable.

3. I almost bought more Wildfoote yesterday too.

4-5. The plain black sportweight is coming along quickly, the Embossed Leaves not so much. The Leaves socks are sort of a dark olive.

6-7-8. I'm going to work on these after I finish this other stuff, so no photos yet.

9. Why yes, that's my favorite color, why do you ask? I love Zephyr.

10. I'm not exactly sure where the pieces are right now . . .

11. I decided to put a collar instead of a hood on like the Mariah pattern calls for. Don't worry, I didn't mis-measure. I really am that short, and I'm making it waist-length.

12. Need to work on this color-brightness issue, but here's the Bias Corset. I should probably try it on before I get to the bust shaping (9 more rows).

13. Blue Sky Alpaca Silk and Crystal Palace Kid Merino in slightly different light greens--one more yellow and one more blue. It makes it luminescent. I was looking for a pattern for the yarn combo for a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hope you had fun in Indianapolis! The last time I was there, I was in a non-knitting phase, so I have nothing to say about their yarn shops.

I did manage to find some of those Rubbermaid anti-bug tubs at the Home Depot closest to me -- the one that I thought had sold out of them a while ago. They really are sold out now. ;-)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

Love the socks. My roomie wants to learn how to do socks in such a bad way...I'm still in my I need to knit more than concentrate state of knitting. Wavy Gravy scarf is probably my most complex at the moment...sad isn't it.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home