Monday, June 26, 2006

Progress, knitting and otherwise

I have been good this week. I finished the OnLine striped socks and have been working on the Wildfoote and Bias Corset. I also learned how to do buttonholes, but it was far too hot to try to put a a button band on the cardigan. I sewed the extra button I bought onto the swatch before I forgot what a good idea that would be.

I had serious temptation to resist, as I made another trip to Knitorious this week. The Mountain Colors Bearfoot was in !!! and I had to make sure I got some before they sold out. I love that stuff with a love that is more than a love. Neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea, can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Mountain Colors Bearfoot).

Okay, that was a little overdramatic, but it's Poe, so whatever.

So far I have only been posting about one of my passions, and this month saw some progress in the other. My long-awaited first first-author paper is out. Now I have to stop knitting long enough to write the next ones (aka my also long-awaited doctoral thesis).

Both the knitting and the mousey stuff seems to be crawling this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home