Friday, May 05, 2006

After 2 attempts at Picovoli, I'm going to have to call it a day on the top-down raglan. It's a very well-written pattern, with lovely tables and diagrams and suggested measurements and
everything my sciency mind appreciates, but the
plain fact is that Petitification works better bottom-up. It's easier to guess (until one gets the
perfect measurement figured out) and knit 1.5" less to the underarm, and mess with the neckline at the end. Top-down, it's all got to be re-done if the bra straps show. Version 1.0 resulted in a very over-sized neckline. Version 2.0 was better, but still a bit too much slack around the neck and a new strange problem appeared with the waist decreases--some bulges in the back. I probably need to do different increase rates at back and front. . .
The picture does not do the color justice. It's Creative Focus cotton, and sky blue-almost periwinkle. I'll have to hunt up some photo editing freewear that lets me adjust brightness.

Jaywalker, on the other hand, is coming out nicely once I hit on the correct needle size--the ball band and I had a rare falling out. I did learn Magic Loop while making a ginormous sock. I've got some Southwest Trading Co bamboo in a lovely shade of ruby red and a cute Hemp for Knitting pattern until I feel ready to face the cotton again, but the bamboo looks a bit snaggy and I'll need some patience to cast-on the 207 sts (it's bottom-up in-the-round).


I think I'll do a page of fit tips for short knitters. I'm a fit nazi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home