Thursday, October 26, 2006

Quite a Week

Last week was my final committee meeting. It's always a lot of work to do, because of course I want to present the most work possible. It gets easier every time though, because there is a lot more "this is what I've done and why" and a lot less "this is what I'm going to do but I don't fully understand it yet because I haven't done it."

For my treat afterwards I went to Knitorious and got myself a present or five. The photo color is a bit off but that alpaca is an amazing dark chocolately brown and the softest thing this side of cashmere. N noticed it first, he is not only patient with the yarn shopping but knows good stuff when he feels it. I was fondling it in the car all the way home. I also got another sheepy tape measure, this one for the knitting bag, and 2 new books. Knitting Nature has some really interesting patterns and constructions. Rachel, who I recognized from the lovely shawl pictures she had up earlier this year, warned me about errata in the book. I'm mentioning it here in case I forget. There are at least 2 pullovers to go into my to-knit list. I'm enjoying the Knitter's Almanac, but I haven't finished it yet, as I like to space EZ out like Halloween candy to make her last. How's that for a timely analogy?



From having no leads on jobs last week I have two solid leads this week, one long shot, and a few ideas of things to apply for with December deadlines. Speaking of, I better get back to work so I'm actually post-doctoral sometime in the near future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Congrats on the job leads! That alpaca is truely yummy looking. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home