Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pix This!

My weather pixie was annoying me.

Sure, she had a cute cat, but the b-- left the cat sitting out in a thunderstorm the other day, hogging the umbrella. Plus, she was way too perky, smiling over there in her sundress in 100 degree weather. It was like she was mocking me for dealing with the heat so badly.

I want a weather pixie that turns red and lies there on the ground when it gets above 90.

Barring that, I found one that appears to be dressing more realistically, in jeans and tee shirt. I'll have to see how she deals with tomorrow afternoon before deciding to keep her on. If she sprouts a gin and tonic at 7 p.m., she's definitely staying.

The best thing about Saint Louis this summer is RetroJams. It's on channel 51 on Sunday evenings. Weeknights are first-season excruciatingly bad Happy Days or Brady Bunch episodes, Saturday night tends to be these ultra-violent, ultra-bad action films from the 80's, but on Sundays there is this video call-in show out of Little Rock, with all sorts of old videos. I saw the Thriller video all the way through for the first time yesterday. I also discovered Keanu Reeves was in a Paula Abdul video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home