Wednesday, May 07, 2008

In which I spend my birthday money on yarn again

Ah, birthday yarn money.

Remember when I got that Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn?

Good times.

This year I got a gift certificate to kpixie.com. I got some Skinny Dyed from Blue Sky Alpacas in this midnight-blue-almost-black and Zodiac cotton from Karabella in cherry red (looking a little pinker than life here).

The elephant incense burner is from friends. I have been feeling the green this year, and something about elephants is appealing right now. Wisdom and patience. Things to work on.


Anyway, the blue is for Camilla by Kate Gilbert:




















And the red is for the Wallis cardigan in Summer Interweave:















Yes, I know I have lots of cherry red sweaters and cherry red yarn. But I don't have any cherry red cotton yarn or sweaters.



Given my history of eternal frogging, the sweaters I have picked for the yarn are, well, frankly just ideas. Drapy cardi for the red, pullover with little stitch patterns for the blue. I am already worried about how the sleeves will look on the Wallis cardigan (linebacker?), but I'll cross that bridge when I sew it in and try it on.

What else is going on this year of the big 31? Trying to publish, not perish, as usual.

And Arthur loves roast chicken.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home